Friday, October 4, 2024

Friday Oct 4, Bratislava Slovakia








 I slept in a bit, full rest today, before we are back on the EuroVelo 6 tomorrow. I had inquired about a few places in Prague and yes I could have got a nice place there with bicycle parking, but, decided against taking the train up there and staying 2 or 3 days, and no way I could get to Wroclaw in the time allotted. 

So I decided just follow the original plan, i have just time to take the EV6 to Passau or even Regensburg, then to Munich and have 3 days to spare, so maybe an extra day in Vienna or Linz or somewhere along the way. Prague and Poland will have to wait, til next year.. smile, maybe spring even….after we plant the trees on the country property (formerly called the farm). 

My plan was to walk to the castle and maybe the Slovakia history museums, and book a traditional (not erotic) thai massage for the afternoon, then try the Slovak Pub again for dinner. But poke my head out the door its wet and rainy and chilly, so back in for the umbrella and rain jacket and look up massage places, and ChockDee caught my eye, so i emailed to ask for an appt, and tried to book online, because they said give at least 2 hrs notice and the first available on the website was 400 pm. So i decided walk down there and talk to them, and I’m glad i did, Thanida the owner greeted me and asked what i wanted, and when and I told her the 3 part 90 minute massage, 30 minutes traditional, 30 minutes oil, 30 minutes herbal which was 75 Euro. She said how bout now?! So i did and it was fantastic best ever, I kept thinking boy I wish Jimbo was here he would surely love this. So as we chatted she asked have you been to Thailand, i said no Marian thinks its too long on the plane, she said no go it’s worth it, everyone is smiling, the food is good, you can swim islands and go to mountains you will like it. 

When i came out, still rainy chilly, lol, so I decided get some soup, well I’m leaving tomorrow morning so use up my food comes to mind, so grilled cheese and I stopped in the Tesco and got a .24 pack of mushroom soup which was just fine. I also stopped by the Slovak Pub to see if they were open, yeah come on upstairs said the guy i saw at the door, no I’ll come back later for dinner, after my nap.

So I did get dinner at the Slovak Pub it was great fried goat cheese and mashed potatoes with onions, old tiny place was full of locals and busy.  Then out and about for White Night i saw about 6 or 7 exhibits walking around, rainy misty chillly but there were lots of people out everywhere, pictures don’t do justice of course the Apollo bridge had a light show on it, the UFO was lit up, several buildings were lit up, there were laser light shows and just random things inside storefronts and being projected on buildings. 

It’s a good note to end Bratislava on, I’m late tonight but on the road first thing in the morning towards Vienna. 

No comments: