Thursday, October 3, 2024

Thursday Oct 3 - Bratislava part two

 Well after a nice nap I decided I would go out to the Slovak pub for traditional Slovak food and beer. I checked online and they had the menu posted mushroom soup and either baked chicken or vegetables n cheese in a pancake, so I’m off in good spirits this is gonna be good. Chilly windy threatening rain but only a 10 minutes walk, but, when I get there, they are closed for a private event. All these international people are here for White Night, a three day art festival that starts tomorrow night… so, I wandered, lots of sidewalk cafes and warm cozy restaurants, but not what I was hoping for. Then dejectedly I turned back towards the apartment there was an ok restaurant on the corner I’d just go there. 

Well on the way you get pulled into these side streets in old town there are lots of sidewalk cafes and bistros and coffee shops and bar after bar after bar.., then I turned a corner by Michael’s gate and there were 3 restaurants advertising authentic Slovak food, so I picked one with a goat logo and went in. And it was great… and warm. Pea soup with goat cheese and croutons and mint shoots, and beetroot pierogies stuffed with ricotta cheese and topped w sour crème and carmelized onions, and a glass of local wine. 

So it turned out great and now I will try the Slovak pub tomorrow maybe… I will for sure be out in old town for the white night festival, it’s only from 7pm to midnight so may be a later night than I’m used to, but it’s my last night here so definitely going to check it out, tho rain is forecast.



No comments: