Sunday, October 13, 2024

Sunday October 13 - Geiselbullach

Tho they call it Holiday Inn Express Olching, it’s a couple km from there, a place called Geiselbullach, besides the hotel there’s a McDonald (they are McCafes here) I did go in one looking for milk one day but no… but they do serve on permanent dishes and it’s more like a regular cafe, then next door theres a gas station, a breakfast-lunch restaurant and bakery, and a light industrial park. 

I’m crashing hard I realize I’m going to have a huge letdown now, my legs are sore my head kinda numb… my routine is out of whack it’s been 28 straight days living on the go out of my bike panniers and riding, now it’s all stopped and I feel real tired. 

I went on the x800 bus to esting station, got the s3 train to pasing, caught the sev19 replacement bus from there to Siglstrase, and the 19 tram from there to the Shurgard storage on Landsbergestrase. It was chilly and raining good, so I cut through a big parking garage well it was not empty must have been half a dozen cars of immigrants and homeless type people hanging out in there out of the rain… broken liquor bottles garbage … quite a wake up call I haven’t seen any litter or garbage or dirty filthy people by the bunch for a long time… anyway, nobody bothers me I got my stuff out of storage 2 big pieces of luggage and the mvgo app says take the tram to the central station then back out on the sev 19 bus to pasing, s6 to esting, x800 bus from there. That’s what I did but that train station was exhausting, I did a video for the kids you never saw such a crowded busy place… 30 tracks plus all the trams and buses and all the tourists like me are looking for S trains they don’t know they ain’t working a lot of places you have to get buses and trams out to the stations the s trains start, which for me is pasing. 

The app confuses me so I go in to a information office the gal has me repeat where I’m trying to get to… types it in, turns around and gets a printout off the printer and hands it to me. S6 on track 27 at 13:36 to pasing, S3 to Esting, x800 bus from there. I get up to track 27 there’s a long distance train there… luckily I see a conductor show her my paper she says oh this one goes pasing too…tho it was going 2 hours away… so I get on…and so does everyone else lol standing room only the whole train I have these 2 huge bags right by the door, packed are the steps with people not another person could fit, but they do,,, 5 10 20 more people squeeze in til no one can move and still more people try to get on… finally the door closes and off we go for the 6 minute ride to pasing… and as we get there, I’m last on the platform dragging my 2 bags, here comes the s6 I would have ridden, almost empty…. 

Oh there was so much more at that station but I know this all is going on too long, the rain has stopped it’s cloudy but blue sky, I have decided to ride my bike to dinner, even here 15 miles out from city center there are bike trails connecting all the little towns, been that way all throughout Germany and Austria, cuz they use bikes for transportation. No wonder they are buying e-bikes starting about $2,000 and up, why use a car when you can bike and get fresh air n exercise? 

I enjoyed that thali platter the other day so and because there’s an Indian restaurant that’s open at 530, I’m gonna go there for dinner and it’s really different to have a choice of regular clothes to wear again! lol 

Ok well blogging is going to wind down now I think… so, it’s been good and I’ll probly do some recap after my head gets back to “normal” 













No comments: