Sunday, October 6, 2024

Saturday Oct 5 - Bratislava Slovakia to Wilfersdorf Austria

 Well i got off the beaten path here at the end of the day, chilly misty threatened rain all day but didn’t, till my last hour, had some mud and lots of levee top asphalt through Donau national park for about 25 km. 

Sorrily said good by to Bratislava, and tho Vienna is only 40km away, that’s by car in a straight line, by the bike trail following the curves of the river and about 4 crossings it end up 65 km. But too big of a city after Bratislava i didn’t like the feel of it, maybe a mistake I don’t know, but i decided to push on and save my extra overnights for later on, if nothing else I’ll get to munich pack my bike and take a train to somewhere, or just hang out there. I’m getting my miles in it will be over 1,000 for the 4 full weeks of riding and a few days… so… no it was just a good day to ride long, chilly but 3 layers on the bottom, 4 on top I stayed warm, got hot, unzipped this and that…not til 400 i tried to book places looked like tulln is where id get to but the pension i wanted sold out, so it was best western…… or a pension another 8km down the road in Wilfersdorf, which is where i ended up… but… not before those big black clouds hovering over the mountains dropped some rain, steady cold… i got a little soaked and found a place to pull under a shelter, put on all my rain gear, then of course it stopped by the road was still wet, so i made it in to the pension about 6 as it was falling dark. No place to eat anywhere around, no store, but the nice people here called the local pizza place ordered me a pizza and a couple beers so now I’m showered and fed and happy for the night. Why i wanted a pension they usually include breakfast in the price and ask what time you want to eat, the prepare it just for you… so 830 I’ll have a nice big breakfast and get backup the road, only 8km to Tulln and we go from there…. Supposed to be more sunny about 57 tomorrow afternoon, so put the rain gear away again and layer for the morning, peel by the afternoon, keep the sunscreen handy. 





















No comments: