Thursday, October 10, 2024

Thursday Oct 10 - Passau Germany

 Ugh i woke up too early 644 not knowing which way to go today, i studied the maps til late and the river routes are best, however a lot of climbing at the start which my legs are not up to. So dreading this chilly grey morning i said get up and do it wimpy boy, lol, and the guy that locked back at me in the mirror looked pretty rough, that anti-aging creme Marian bought for me is losing the battle that’s for sure. 

Anyway yes i put on my riding shorts and short sleeves and went down for breakfast, and pleasant, no big surprise, this was the best breakfast I’ve seen this whole trip. Yes scrambled eggs, and bacon and sausage, and hot mini rolls stuffed with spinach and cheese, and muesli and yogurt, and fresh fruit, and bread or rolls with honey, peanut butter, Nutella, a variety of jams, AND a sweet roll section with little squares of German chocolate cake and chocolate filled huge croissants, and orange juice, or vitamin juice, or about 8 varieties in bottle tomato you name it… and one of those coffee machines, macchiato, cappuccino, caffe, espresso, OMG i had 2 plates of food and 2x juice, 3x coffee well 1 coffee two chocolate cappuccino, and sat there a long long time looking at my iPad looking at weather and train schedules. 

I could get a train out of here today, but to where ? And it said train schedules are expected to be disrupted today by the heavy rains in Germany. Great…. So I decided hey let’s have a rest day, take it easy, get a long nap, put the new chain on the bike, walk over to the train station and see what type of ticket i could get to where tomorrow. And look up cheap places to stay for the next 2-3 nights on the way but not at Munich, which tends to be expensive and I’ll be there the last 3 nights anyway. AND look forward to that huge breakfast buffet again tomorrow. Although the front desk girl Africa told me they were totally full last night and don’t know about today, so i put my request in to booking.com to extend, which they say you will hear back within 24 hours. No i will go to the front desk and find out right now… no she says i think you have to do something more or i didn’t get anything from booking.com. I said look forget booking.com, I’ll pay you straight up if you just keep that room for me another night. So she said OK you are good, but it will cost and extra 7.86 euro for tonight… ok fine. So i am here and now, before i change into warm casual clothes and hike across the bridge (don’t forget umbrella) I thought i would update whomever might read this when you wake up and wonder what’s happening over here. I’m just fine all set up had a great breakfast and it looks to be a pleasant and relaxing day. Tomorrow i will most likely ride a train out of here to a 2 night booking towards Munich (as heavy rain expected tomorrow too) but clear for Saturday/Sunday I’ll ride into Munich one of those nights. 

Well one other option i just thought of i can just maybe stay here another night, and ride the bike Saturday Sunday all the way to Munich… 

No comments: