Thursday, October 10, 2024

Thursday Oct 10 part two - Passau

 So the rain is supposed to stop in the morning, I’m all packed and yes in bed by 800 I hope to get a good early start. Breakfast is ready at 630 so fingers crossed I get up on time… well it’s supposed to rain til 800 but it usually takes me 90 minutes to get all done check out load up the bike get my gear on n set the map navigation. Always go slow not to forget anything double check bike n stuff. Yes I did put the new chain on there that whole snafu about the quick connect vs the link… moot point the quick connect was a sram won’t fit a shimano chain… no big deal I just have to disassemble in Munich and I’ll need a new pin when I get home. Good looking new chain tho. And I cleaned n greased all the cables and brake parts, tightened the crank bolts everything appears to be in good order just 150 more miles or so looks like it’ll be close to 1200 total, unless I end up on the train …anyway… 

Easy



































day just piddled around w the bike took a nap when the rain stopped walked over to old town n train station, window shopped and wandered around the riverboat where all the cruise ships are parked bunches of tourists on walking tours all over town about 6 or 8 cruise ships and buses … lots of old people limping along w walkers and canes trekking poles or just hunched over I thot well don’t forget that’s where you are headed pretty soon ! lol…well they all look so glum there was a tour bus full with Czechia plates on it pulling out I waved and smiled at them and a bunch of people waved and smiled back… I’ve been doing that this whole trip for busses trains cruise ships… lol and a bunch of people always wave back… sat on a bench on the riverfront I’ll post a few pics they have this long line of benches there but separated by bushes, so when you are sitting on your bench, you can’t see anyone else, and they can’t see you, feels very private. Then I looked at restaurants, saw a auerveda place Annapurna so I ate there, had a thali tray haven’t had that since Delhi or maybe once in Phoenix idk, the guy explained to me how to mix the different flavors for max effect, and halfway thru I was sweating… if you don’t know, it comes on a big tray, 6 or more little stainless bowls around the circle big pile of basmati rice in the center and a piece of roti, I should have took a pic, anyway it was delicious so just big breakfast and big early dinner today, so I stopped in a bake shop they are everywhere over here got a chocolate croissant and a cherry filled pastry, one for desert and one for the mid morning snack stop tomorrow. 

Ok I ramble on it’s past 8 I’m gonna go lights out after uploading pics. Oh on comments, or questions they are totally anonymous I can’t tell who sent them (or how to reply yet) but I hope to soon. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

❤️❤️ so European!