Tuesday, September 29, 2009

New bike update

So... I rode the Kona for about 10 days, and got on the Bilenky for a Saturday trip to the store... and I've been on it since! It's such a sweet bike, just not setup for touring and off road. I've compromised w myself, I'm going to ride the Bilenky until I get the Kona set up right... and I have tires, an adjustable stem, rear rack, and panniers all on order, oh a new set of disk brake pads too... then I'll try the Kona for a few weeks commute and a tour, and see how it goes. Cross our fingers it will work out. A little concerned about the frame size (54) my other 2 road bikes are 56 & 57... but the dude in the bike shop in Dallas told me 54-55 should work fine maybe better, we'll see. I measured distance from seat to bars, floor to stem, and crank to seat top, and there's about 1.5 inch difference, which will change w the new stem and adjusting the seatpost up a little.

Otherwise life is great riding every day the weather has started to cool morning and evening though the humidity is still high and mid-day til 6:00 or so the heat is on, one more month and we'll be seeing some cooling. I owe Commute Orlando an article that will be on my list 2 weeks out, after the IFMA convention next week here in Orlando. I'll post again after I get the new rack, stem, and panniers on the Kona w a pic of that setup, and the bilenky which is now stripped down and I'm carrying a messenger bag on the commute.

Oh the bike-bus to veg-fest next month (Oct 25) looks like it is going to be a lot of fun, hope I can recruit a few people to ride along with me and eat veg for a change!

No comments: