Sunday, August 2, 2009

Back to normal in Orlando


It's been a week, and things are getting back to normal with the sleep cycle, rounding back into shape at work, thrilling to death having the bike ride in and out from work. Took a ride on the bus downtown yesterday (Sat) to pick up the Klein rode it home it was hot so not too much detour... then took the Bilenky over to Whole Foods to stock up on muesli and get in a few more miles. Other than cleaning the pool and a little yardwork got a nice nap and did some reading, relaxed.

Sunday I got the pool clean and did some yardwork, then went out for a 2 hour ride on the Klein, thought I'd make up for some of the miles I missed in July. But, I am so not in shape for that... it was hot, maybe 95 and sunny, and I went out about 30 mins before I was out of gas and had to decide to push on through it til the second wind came, or hydrate w some cold gatorade and ease it back home with a good hour ride in... and I pulled back, which I've been doing since I really hurt myself last summer on the Crystal River tour ride going to far in the heat hurting my knee for a couple months recovery and suffering like... well... I was eating motrin by the handful, like popcorn, and it still hurt like hell... most of the 85 miles home I pedaled with one leg... but I made it and didn't call for a pickup. Hopefully I learned my lesson and don't get in that shape again. So I cruised back home in easy fashion still 18 miles in 77 mins not too bad for a Sunday ride next weekend I'll go for 90 mins and see how it works out.

I messed up giving all those people in India my liketoobike.com cards, the email link on my web page was hosed... so I corrected that and during the next week will email everyone over there I got an email address from and also try to look into charitable organizations to help some of those folks out, they are so good of people.

So the pool is clean and after my ride I had a nice cooling dip in there... attached a pic Marian has planted flowers all around the pool it is looking nice and colorful and a great place to hang out on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

No comments: