Friday, May 20, 2011

Phoenix #2

So it's 6 weeks now and Phoenix is growing on me. Great cycling in Phoenix/Tempe, bike lanes everywhere, buses every 15 minutes on the main lines and the rail is speedy quick when you are tired or have a load of groceries. The mountain views are awesome and I finally got the Kona shipped out so I have a second bike for a backup. It is heavy to carry up to the 3rd fl so it's parked and the Bilenky is the main all rounder, but when I decide to go off road a little on one of the gravel paths along a canal or on a mountain trail it will be great. Luckily I rode it to work the other day when it RAINED! first rain since I been here and it was COLD! So the fenders came in handy and I took advantage and loaded up on groceries. I'll be posting a few pics and changing the bike links to local Phoenix. The library is great, a 5 story modern glass building with awesome views from the 5th fl and i have still yet to go to a museum, thinking the Pueblo Grande will be my first, it's only  about a mile down the road by the airport and where they Hohokam indians had a settlement at least 800 yrs ago. Try to be more regular now that my work routine is down and I got steady internet access yesterday. Been talking to a lot of people about biking and busing and need to get a "biketalk" together and see if the wellness center at work will let me do it there. Be careful out there!



1 comment:

gef said...

Finally got the routine down to ride most every day. Got showers at work and its not too hot yet. I am super excited about vacation time in portland come september.